The centre aims at the promotion of interdisciplinary research among the departments of Computer Science and Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Applications and Mathematics towards furtherance of teaching, as well as training and development in cryptography. It acts as a national hub for cryptographic requirements, cutting-edge research activities and indigenous capacity building in all relevant fields of study. The goal is primarily to foster fundamental as well as demand-driven research and applications in cryptography.
Major activities of the center include teaching, training and research in cryptography. The Centre promotes sustained collaboration in focused research areas, and serves as a meeting point for eminent scholars.
The focus is on the theoretical as well as the applied research on cryptography.
- Theoretical research on cryptography for the design and implementation of cryptographic protocols
- Cryptanalysis of existing standards and implementations
- Secure cryptographic hardware design
- Improve the security and privacy through applied research on cryptography
- To be at the forefront of innovations in cryptography research
- To be an internationally recognized center for research in applied cryptography
- To collaborate with governmental agencies and industries to solve problems using applications of cryptography
Through creativity, complementarity, flexibility, and collaboration center aims to facilitate leading-edge research in cryptography. To attain reputation of a leading research group at the national and international level and collaborate successfully with industries and government agencies towards innovation and international accolades. Capacity building at the national level, in the field of applied cryptography so as to make the country self-sufficient in this niche area. Also to provide direction and advice to various wings of DRDO, Armed Forces, and also financial institutions.
Dr. Vivekanand Bhat, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, MIT Manipal.
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal - Associate Professor
- Centre for Cryptography - Coordinator