Research Output per year
Cyber Physical Systems, an emerging categorization of systems that encompasses sensors and actuators, Big data, high-performance computing, high-level synthesis, simulation, embedded and systems-on-chip, verification and validation, formal methods, and more. Canonical examples include smart grid, distributed control of scientific instruments, smart buildings, weather prediction, automotive traffic monitoring and control, and avionic control.
In simple, Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) are integrations of computation, communication, and control processes. CPS will transform how we interact with the physical world just like internet transformed how we interact with one another. CPS are physical and engineered systems whose operations are monitored, coordinated, controlled and integrated by a computer and communication core.
To establish Cyber Physical Systems Hub, specially designed and created to focus in the fields of interdisciplinary research and teaching by integrating embedded systems, networking & Communication, sensors, real-time systems and control as well as domain-specific knowledge to realize and solve global grand engineering challenges
- To provide certification program in CLAD, CLD in association with NI India Ltd
- To establish as a test rig facility for characteristics study of IIOT products for CPS
- To enhance the publication quantity and quality with academic corporate collaboration
- To provide internships and training to the undergraduate and post graduate students
- Conduct certificate program in the CLAD, CLD, and CLA
- Setup test bench to validate and test IIOT products
- Provide internship to students
- Execute industry related projects
- Establish Start-ups / Entrepreneurship
- Collaborations with Industry (local & global) for POC development
Dr. Santhosh KV
Associate Professor, Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering
Manipal Institute of Technology, MAHE Manipal
- Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal - Associate Professor
- Centre for Cyber Physical System - Coordinator
- Directorate of Research - Deputy Director Research (Technical & Management)
- Centre for Cyber Physical System
- Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal - Assistant Professor - Senior Scale
Design of an Instrument for Liquid Level Measurement and Concentration Analysis Using Multisensor Data FusionSanthosh, K. V., Joy, B. & Rao, S., 01-01-2020, In : Journal of Sensors. 2020, 4259509.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article
Self-calibrating Thermocouple Using Neural Network Algorithm for Improved Sensitivity and Fault IdentificationSanthosh, K. V., 01-01-2020, Smart Computing Paradigms: New Progresses and Challenges - Proceedings of ICACNI 2018. Elçi, A., Sa, P. K., Modi, C. N., Olague, G., Sahoo, M. N. & Bakshi, S. (eds.). Springer Paris, p. 141-147 7 p. (Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing; vol. 767).
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution