Research Output per year
The Department of Biotechnology was established in 2005 to impart quality education in the field of biotechnology.
- Excellence in teaching-learning process and research
- To impart and disseminate knowledge, develop competencies and to produce industry-ready and academically enriched engineers for the emerging areas of applied biotechnology
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Placement opportunities in various industries
- University scholarships for top 10% students in each program
- Well defined and updated curriculum
- Wide range of electives to encourage interdisciplinary research
- Workshops and conferences on a regular basis.
- Bio-reaction and Bioprocess Engineering
- Transport Phenomena
- Downstream Processing
- Modelling and Simulation
- Bioreactor Design.
The Department of Biotechnlogy, MIT offers the following programs:
M.Tech - Industrial Biotechnology
- Department of Biotechnology, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal - Associate Professor & HOD
- Manipal Centre for Infectious Diseases (MAC ID) - Member
- Department of Biotechnology, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal - Assistant Professor - Senior Scale
- Department of Biotechnology, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal - Assistant Professor
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Conference contribution
Synthesis, characterization and photocatalytic dye degradation capability of Calliandra haematocephala-mediated zinc oxide nanoflowersVinayagam, R., Selvaraj, R., Arivalagan, P. & Varadavenkatesan, T., 01-2020, In : Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology. 203, 111760.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article