The Department of Chemical Engineering started in 1969 and offers BTech as well as MTech in Chemical Engineering.
To be the department that fosters excellence in education, research and innovation in Chemical Engineering and emerging inter disciplinary fields.
- To provide quality education that prepares the graduates for leading roles in their chosen career and life-long learning.
- To develop technology through excellence in research, in conjunction with the technical education that is recognized by the peers in profession in the emerging fields of Chemical, Biochemical, Energy, Environmental engineering, and Material Science.
- To achieve technical excellence through industry-institute interactions.
- To produce graduates who are able to perform in multi-disciplinary teams and demonstrate superior team leadership.
- One of the oldest departments in Manipal Institute of Technology, imparting quality education for over 40 years
- Fully functional computer lab with core softwares like Aspen, ANSYS, COMSOL, Matlab, AutoCAD, etc.
- Basic undergraduate laboratories as well as research oriented laboratories
- “Chemignite” – a national level symposium is conducted every year by the student chapter of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Placements offered by Core, IT and ITES companies.
- The department has an MOU with University of Nottingham and University of South Alabama for post graduate studies.
- Drug Delivery
- Solar Energy Harvesting