Accidental ligature strangulation due to electric grinder

Mahabalesh Shetty, B. Suresh Shetty

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

16 Citations (Scopus)

Abstract

A young girl was accidentally strangled when her chunni (a piece of cloth worn around the neck by most Indian women) was caught in a moving electrical grinder. She was taken to the nearest hospital where she died within the next 9 h, remaining unconscious throughout the hospital stay. Accidental strangulation of this kind due to household devices or machinery is extremely uncommon and to the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of its kind to be reported. The findings are presented.

Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)148-150
Number of pages3
JournalJournal of Clinical Forensic Medicine
Volume13
Issue number3
DOIs
Publication statusPublished - 01-04-2006

All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes

  • Pathology and Forensic Medicine
  • Genetics
  • Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health
  • Psychiatry and Mental health

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Accidental ligature strangulation due to electric grinder'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

  • Cite this