Ingestion of copper sulphate is an uncommon mode of poisoning in the Indian subcontinent. Cases are mainly suicidal in nature. The clinical course of the copper sulphate intoxicated patient is often complex involving intravascular hemolysis, jaundice and renal failure. The treatment is mainly supportive. In severe cases methemoglobinemia needs treatment. Mortality is quite high in severe cases. A comprehensive review of the clinical presentation and management of copper sulphate poisoning is done.
|Number of pages||7|
|Journal||Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine|
|Publication status||Published - 01-04-2007|
All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes
- Critical Care and Intensive Care Medicine